View functions transform your code with enhanced reliability and safety. Clearly distinguish between state-changing and state-preserving functions, and anotate for better predictability.
Minimize code redundancy through abstraction that amplifies code reusability and efficiency.
Safety Improvements & Supercharging Cadence
Safer Pre-Post Conditions.
Custom Destructor Removal.
Entitlements and Safe Down-casting.
Better Capability APIFT / NFT Standard changes.
Learn the basics
of Cadence 1.0
Begin your journey with writing smart contracts in Cadence and building on Flow.
Cadence migration Guide
Learn more about the Cadence 1.0 migration plan.
How does this affect me?
I am a developer
- Learn & ReviewLearn about what is changing in Cadence 1.0: Update on Cadence 1.0,
- Start working on upgrading your dappYou can use Emulator release based on Cadence 1.0 RC1 now!
❗ IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT AVOIDING CHANGES IN BUSINESS
LOGIC The on-chain data migration logic relies on assumption that the updated contracts uploaded by dapp developers limits updates to the minimum changes required by the Cadence 1.0 version - in other words, the updated contract should be behaviour-preserving.
If the contract upgrade to Cadence 1.0 also includes changes to business logic, the on-chain data migration won’t work as expected and might result in security vulnerabilities in the migrated on-chain data.
- Learn & Review. Learn about what is changing in Cadence 1.0: Update on Cadence 1.0, start working on upgrading your dapp using Emulator release based on Cadence 1.0 RC1.
Decide if you want to wait until Flow completes the upgrade to Cadence 1.0, or if you want to deploy sooner, on Cadence version 0.42 (currently running on Testnet and Mainnet).
- If you plan to deploy your dapp to Testnet / Mainnet before it is upgraded to Cadence 1.0, make sure you are prepared to upgrade it to Cadence 1.0.
I am a node operator
The network upgrade to Cadence 1.0 will follow the usual process and will include a migration of execution state. For that reason it is likely to require a longer network outage than usual.
- (ETA) 1st May 2024 Mainnet network upgrade to Cadence 1.0.
I am not (yet) a developer/builder, but I am interested in building on Flow
I am a user of a dapp on Flow
We expect that in almost all cases, you won’t need to do anything! The dapp team should handle everything without a need for an end user to move their assets or sign transactions. But, if you’re not sure, you can reach out to the team behind the dapp and ask them about their plans to upgrade to Cadence 1.0.