Posts tagged as:
SNOWBOARD-MAG teamed up with Flow Tailgate Alaska and the Alaskan Brewing CO. to give away the shred trip of a lifetime. From now until February 28, upload your best backcountry (or sidecountry) edit to our “Ticket To Tailgate” vimeo group and $5,000 could be yours for a trip for two to Flow’s Tailgate Alaska.
How To Enter:
1. Upload a minute long video of you ripping the backcountry or sidecountry and upload it to vimeo. Footage must have been shot in 2012/2013 – let’s keep it relavent here…
2. Title your video “Snowboard Magazine’s Ticket to Tailgate: (Your Name Here)” along with a description of your video including rider and filmer names.
3. Join Snowboard Magazine’s vimeo group “Ticket To Tailgate” and add your video to the mix.
4. Share your video with your freinds to score (facebook) likes.
1. A panel of judges will pick the winner based on overall impression and the total number of likes your video received.
2. Each person (rider/filmer) must be 21 years of age or older in order to be eligible to win.
1. One team will win $5,000 toward a trip for two to Flow Tailgate Alaska.
2. The winning team will also score a brand new kit from Flow Snowboards.
3. Win a year’s supply of product from Clif Bar for the most remote entry.
Flow Tailgate Alaska will return to Thompson Pass next season from March 29 – April 7, 2013 for its sixth straight year and flow Snowboarding is the Main Sponsor!
The event brings together dedicated recreational riders, professional athletes and the industry to ride the world’s best mountains and deepest snow.
Participants access the mountains through helicopter services, snowmobiles, snowcats and by foot, while getting discounts on lodging, local amenities and terrain access. It’s no wonder Flow Tailgate Alaska has grown into one of the most popular wintersports events in the world.This year, due to high demand by professional athletes and media, The Tailgate AK Organization will limit the number of tickets available to the public to 150. According to event founder Mark Sullivan, “Our goal is to ensure deep, untracked powder for every participant. Limiting tickets will ensure fantastic snow conditions for everyone who makes it.”In addition to free snow science classes, an on-hand rescue crew, and a free daily beer garden, this season, each ticket includes a pair of limited-edition goggles built by Dye Snow with Flow Tailgate Alaska branding. “We are excited to work with Dye again to make a really high-end, functional goggle. Even better, every participant will get a pair.” Tickets for the event went on sale September 14th, and they have sold 68 tickets since.
Flow Tailgate Alaska also plays host to the Flow World Freeride Championship – which carries on the tradition of competition in pristine mountains and conditions, that ended in the 1990s. Set for April 1-2, 2013. Look for details soon.